Calling it like he sees it
We were out for a walk today and saw a man who was running in just his gym shorts. Kolbe hollered accross the street, "Hey man, you aren't wearing any shirt." Luckily the man was listening to music and didn't hear Little Mister State the Obvious.
Tonight while taking his bath he said to me, "I have some information." I asked him what was the information and he told me his name was Kolbe.
Everytime he has to expel a little gas he tells me, "Mom, I passed gas." He usually says it pretty matter of factly and doesn't laugh too often when he tells me. How do you respond? I typically say, "Thanks for sharing" or, "I'm so glad to know that."
Kolbe and I were discussing plans to have his friend Matthew over to play and I said the two of them could do arts and crafts. Kolbe corrected me, "You're supposed to not say craps, mom."
Libby has always been a dancer. Whenever she hears music she immediately starts to sway back and forth. I may have already mentioned she even sways to Kolbe "singing?" the alphabet song. Kolbe is just in the past several months started to really enjoy singing music. He impovised a song. The theme from The Apprentice, "Money, money, money, money,..." I wasn't responding to him quickly enough and he sang, "Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, MOM-MY!" He also made up his first rhyme. Sometimes I'll make a silly rhyme during the day, when I say silly, I mean silly, embarrassingly so. The other day I was zipping Kolbe's jammies and he said "Don't hurt my penis-wenis." I have certainly never said that one before. How humiliated will Kolbe be if he ever reads this as a teen?
I mentioned my Hobby Lobby story last post and needed to add an update. I was talking about Hobby Lobby again yesterday and he said, "I don't want to go to Hobby Lobby, but I don't want you to go without me." Are you confused?
Lately Libby has been pointing to objects. Kolbe has also taught her to stomp. He wants her to know the actions in "If you're happy and you know it." Several times a day he'll ask her, "Libby, can you say ______?" Fill in the blank with any obscure word that she of course cannot say.
Just in the last week or two Kolbe understands wrestling. You know when you roll around on the floor and pretend to pin kids and see if they can try to get up and stuff like that. Before now that has not been fun for him at all. He thinks you are being mean or he's in some kind of trouble or something. But recently he likes to wrestle and he tries to pin me and see if I can get up. (By the way he just went through a growth spurt and finally weighs more than 25 pounds. He has weighed 25 pounds for a year and a half. I was concerned Libby was going to pass him up at her next check-up.) She on the other hand has liked wrestling since day one. She loves when he wrestles her. I think she's getting hurt and she is giggling hysterically. It is so fun and funny to watch, I have been trying to get the matches on tape for Dad, but I am too busy referreeing the wrestling to videotape.
We'll try to post more pics soon!

1 Comments:
Kolbe's pretty funny. I think it would have been hilarious if that guy would have heard. The best part was that he said "Hey, man!" I also think it's funny that Kolbe didn't "get" wrestling. I don't think Joe gets it either. Grandpa scared him to death when he tried to wrestle with him! Scott does Pro-style wrestling with him (complete with ridiculous commentary)
Post a Comment
<< Home