KDandLiberty

Sunday, February 19, 2006

More quotes...

Kolbe's latest craze is playdough. Libby hugs friend, Ella. This is what over 50 dozen cookies packaged and ready to send looks like. A few Kolbe quotes:
*"Wait a minute, I don't see any laundry back here." Said in the family room where the norm is a basket of unfolded laundry.
*"I'm trying to poop here, somethings wrong with my butt."
*"You're darling moms." Moms is his nickname for me.
*"See this Daddy?" Said as we are on the phone with dad and he holds things to the mouthpiece of the phone for Jeff to see.
*"What are we stopping for?" Said after he had begged us to stop so he could pee on our way to Texas. It took several minutes to pull off of the highway and he evidently forgot he had to potty.
*After about 40 minutes out of K.C. he needed to stop to potty and when we did he asked, "Are we there?"
*"What do you want me to do with this boogie?" Said while standing in line at Walmart.
*One of the Christmas toys the kids got says "Bye bye" if it hasn't been moved for a while. Kolbe had stopped playing with it and moved on to a different toy. When it said "bye bye" he walked back over to it, squatted down so the toy could hear him and said, "I hafta go, I have lots of work to do."
*This quote you must read as fast as you can to sound like Kolbe. I struggled to open a package and he said, "It's hard for you to do, let me do it, I need tools, let me go get them, I need a man to help me, I need a drill, I need a screwdriver, I need Matthew to help me, I'm exhausted." I couldn't write it all down fast enough.
*Speaking of his friend Matthew, the other day Matthew and his dad were both sick. Kolbe asked if Matthew went with his dad to go get the flu. He asked where they went to get the flu.
*He sometimes gets common expressions a little mixed up. For example, "Who let the dogs out" is "Who let the dogs outside?" and "Hold your horses" is "Hold on to the horses." A few weeks ago he said "I'm choking on a butterfly." I asked him what he was talking about and he said, "I have a frog in my throat."
*"Shut-up" I said, "That's not okay to say in this house." He replied, "Can I say it outside?"
*A few days after Christmas, he was trying to drag the tractor Santa had brought him across the room. He said, "I don't know how Santa dood this, I don't know how he carried it to my house."

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2006 11:28 AM, Blogger Scott and Suzanne said...

holy frijoles! That line about the boogie in Wal-mart was totally hilarious. Did you try the duck and run or did you own up to him being your kid and try to play it off like he mispronounced something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home