It's been a while since the last post. The kids have each had some big events since then. Yesterday Kolbe astonished me when he "read" actually memorized the first page and a half of his Curious George book. We have read it every day at naptime and bedtime for the last couple of months, so it probably shouldn't have suprised me as much as it did. He said he wanted to read it to Libby and just started rattling of the words without missing a beat.
I think the last post was our St. Nick page. One of the items St. Nick brought for Libby was biter biscuits. I took one out for her. She seemed excited, but took one lick of it and flung it across the room. Of course Kolbe wanted to try one too, they look like cookies, he tried to bite into one and practically chipped a tooth. He couldn't figure out what was wrong with the "Cookies." He hasn't eaten one since, but luckily, after her initial reaction she has taken to them. She likes to chew on them while I am trying to get a meal on the table for Kolbe and I.
Before long Libby is going to be mobile and it scares me. We are definitely not babyproofed yet. The house was 99% babyproofed for Kolbe, as an only child, but the house is not ready for 2 on the move. He has a lot of toys that are suitable for a 2 and a half year old, but not a baby Libby's age, so that will be a chore. I'm wondering how I'll run down to change over the laundry, or take a shower, or do a little task in another room. The other day he put something in her mouth and took off. He had shoved a gum wrapper in her mouth. Nice little choking hazard. I'm not sure where it came from, probably under a chair or something, some place I clean out from under daily I'm sure. HA!
Libby has been spinning while sitting. She is pretty brave about spinning around to grab something and then stretching forward to reach what she wants. She'll lift her butt off the ground and because she is still so top heavy will usually end up face down on the floor. It takes her several seconds of hard work before she can manuever her body into a comfortable position on her tummy. How bad of a mother am I to sit and watch her struggle to get comfortable? It can be quite entertaining sometimes. I'll usually assist her if she starts fussing or gets her arm stuck. Just the past day or so has shown some interest in pulling up and standing while holding on to something. She's fallen on her fanny a couple of times. Kolbe gets a kick out of that.
Lately he's started to tease her. He'll get behind her highchair while she's sitting in it and say "Try to find me Libby" She'll swing her head back and forth trying to find him. She has gotten herself almost completely turned around looking for him. We joke that she's going to give herself whiplash jerking her body around so quickly to try to see him.
Quotes of the day:
"This is a good taco mom, call Taco Bell and tell them thank you for making them."
"Libby was not a good kid, she was a good girl" I had told them they were good kids while we went shopping.
"My room is boring" Kolbe said this after I let him out of time out. I guess time out may have been effective that time.
"Thanks for calling us Daddy, have a nice day."
"Are we stuck?" He says this everytime we're driving and I stop at a light. Last week when it snowed and was slick we got stuck on a hill.
"I'd rather not" I had asked him to pick up his toys.
"Speaking of ______..."
"In fact,..." I just think it's funny to hear a 2 year old say "In fact" using a very official tone.
"I want it to be Daddy on the phone." I was talking to someone and he asked for the phone so he could talk.
"Daddy is my best friend"
"Uh oh, we gotta problem, it's bad." I am still trying to find out what he was talking about when he said this.
By the way, how can I remember all of his little quotes? As soon as he utters them I write them down on a post-it or index card and put it by the computer. I have to write down word for word what he says or I'll forget. He'll usually ask me as I am writing what I'm putting on the list. Sometimes he'll tell me things to add to the list like we need crackers or batteries for my aquarium, etc.

1 Comments:
Scott and I can't figure out where he gets such funny sayings! We can't wait to see all of you. Joe's anxious to see his lady love again ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home