KDandLiberty

Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Sheister

Don't try to look up the title; I tried and there is no such word, but this is what I call Kolbe when he gets a tad mischievious. He laughs when I call him a little sheister. Today we went with Gma B, Aunt Jaime and Jenn to Leavenworth. During lunch when I wasn't there he told them Mom eats chicken and all he gets is leftover rice. He made himself sound like such a deprived orphan child or something. The truth is we have been trying to get him to eat a little more variety and eat heathy foods, but all he wants is rice, bread, or cereal. Typical 2 year old. From what I've heard, healthy eating is an age old problem for toddlers. Anyway, I guess he was really trying to get some pity today at lunch. Who better than 2 Aunts and a Grandma to milk for some sympathy? Smart kid. :)
Never believe a 2 year old and also, watch what you say around a 2 year old. Gpa D says "For crying out loud" sometimes if he hears some unbelievable news or is suprised by something. Now Kolbe uses the phrase, usually in the right context, but it sounds so funny coming from the mouth of a 2 year old. He also says, "Well I'll be darned", "By golly" and "Lord..." Other than that we haven't heard any other choice 4 letter words from him, but no doubt as soon as he hears any they will be repeated. When Gpa babysits he sings Tra-la-la-la-boom-da-rey to the kids. Kolbe sometimes sings it to Elizabeth when she is unhappy. That or he tells her it's his turn to cry.
Listening to 2 kids whine and cry at once can get very unnerving, so if Libby is upset and Kolbe starts whining, I tell him it's her turn to cry. Of course to keep it believeable, once in a while if he's having a bad day and she starts in, I'll tell her it's Kolbes turn to cry. She has no idea what I'm saying, but Kolbe does. Actually that usually stops both of them from crying, Libby because she got acknowledged and Kolbe because he got sidetracked and banters that it's his turn to cry.
Kolbe has started using question words in the past couple of weeks. Who's that man, what's he doing, what's that noise, etc. It is so fun to see language develop daily. The novelty is fun, we may get tired of answering 500 questions a day, now that he knows how to form a question, but for now we're having a good time. Tonight while putting him to bed he asked "What's that noise?" I think it was his clock ticking that he heard. He has heard that clock ticking every night for several months, did he always wonder what that noise was and just wasn't able to ask?
It's fascinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home