KDandLiberty

Monday, November 07, 2005

Gone Fishing

Hey, don't be messin' with my worms!

This afternoon Kolbe went fishing for the first time. Gpa asked dad if it was okay to take Kolbe on his maiden fishing expedition. We went to a creek out South. Kolbe was the keeper of the worms. He felt very official carrying the worm can. Libby was quite interested in what Kolbe was doing. We of course caught no fish, big suprise, but had a good time trying.
Today Libby figured out drinking out of a straw. I will never forget the first time Kolbe drank out of a straw. Janelle and I were at the PX/BX in Leavenworth and stopped for drinks. Kolbe kept smacking around and looking like he wanted a drink. Janelle asked if she should let him have a drink and I said "Sure why not, he can't drink from a straw anyway." To my astonishment, he drank out of the straw. What a consciencious mom I was, getting my precious little baby hooked on slurpees. I am happy to say, Libby was drinking water. :)

1 Comments:

At November 08, 2005 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I remember that day quite well when Kolbe started drinking the blue slurpy. It is times like that when I have no doubt he is my nephew. When it comes to sweets, I too will go great lengths to get them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home