Christmas is coming
Okay, Kolbe now knows who Santa is. I asked him today what Christmas was and he answered "It's when we get presents, Santa Claus brings them." It took me a few seconds to decifer "Santa Claus." After that he and I started talking about Libby and Kolbe said "Santa Claus is going to bring Libby a penis for Christmas." How do you keep a straight face?
His latest language development is that he has started to correct me. A week or so ago, while taking him out of the bath I said in a sing-songy voice, "There ya go, Jo" and he said very matter-of-factly, "Kolbe." This morning I was feeding Libby and I accidentally said "Good boy" when she opened wide for a spoonful. Kolbe said "not good boy, mom." He didn't ennunciate "boy," I guess that part of language will come in time. It is such a joy to be corrected by a 2 year old. :)
Today he said, "Holy moley" and "Oh my goodness." When he tries to say Elizabeth it comes out "a little bus."
Speaking of "a little bus," her fever is gone, yay! She is on an antibiotic to clear up the infection. It has caused her to wake up several times at night crying. The pediatrician says it is irritating the lining of her stomach because it is such a strong antibiotic. Elizabeth is usually such a happy baby, unless she's tired, but has had a few issues with the medicine and is not her typical self. She has really been craving some "mom attention" and wants to be held, by mom only, most of the time these last few days. Not a problem for me, but I wish she felt better. Hopefully we'll have our Libby back within the week!

Kolbe hasn't wanted to wear overalls lately, but after I got Libby dressed he decided to wear his overalls too, so we just went all out and dressed them alike. He thought it was pretty cool.

1 Comments:
We hope Santa brings Libby toys. Goodness knows we will have enough penises around!
Post a Comment
<< Home