Another long time no entry
Life has been a little hectic...still. I have 2 more weeks of teaching 3 nights a week then I cut back to one night a week and things should ease-up. So much has happened. Libby is getting all around the house now. Like her brother she loves bee-lining straight for the bathroom. She likes to pull herself up on the side of the tub and look into it. Libby also loves to dance. When she hears music she bounces up and down or swings her body from side to side. It's fun to watch her. She was the center of the show on our trip to Texas. My cousin was playing the guitar and Libby was having a ball "cruising" back and forth along the couch and bouncing up and down and squealing for joy.
Libby has been babbling for quite some time now, mamamama and dadadada and babababa, etc, but I am pretty certain she said her first word a couple of weeks ago. The recycling truck stopped and the three of us ran to the window to watch the action. As they were pulling away, Kolbe and I were saying "ByeBye" over and over to the workers. As we were turning away she said "BuhBuh." She did all of her tricks for the recycling people that day too, clapping, waving, etc. She also loves to give kisses. Lately her and Gma D have been playing the blinking game together. Gma blinks her eyes and Libby follows suit.
Kolbe has been doing great with potty training. I don't remember his last accident. We haven't attempted a night without diapers yet, but he has had mostly dry naps. Only a couple accidents at napptime.
Yesterday it was snowing and he asked "Where does snow come from?" I told Jeff we were going to have to get an encyclopedia so I can figure out how to answer these kinds of questions. Too bad I didn't pay more attention in high school science classes. :(
Kolbe is a terrific big brother. He helps me with Libby and gets things for her to play with or gives her a binky if she is crying, etc. But once in a while he wants to make sure she knows he's the boss. The other day he pulled her hair. I told him that wasn't nice and asked how he would feel if someone pulled his hair. He said "Pull my hair." I told him it doesn' t feel good to get your hair pulled. He said, "Pull my hair." I gave his hair a little tug and he said, "That feels good, do it again." I pulled it a little harder. He winced in pain and said, "That feels good, do it again." I ignored him. Grandma says he's a typical boy.
I hope to post some pics shortly, we have a couple from our trip down south.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home