KDandLiberty

Monday, December 26, 2005

MERRY CHRISTMAS



Yes, I am a day late with the greeting, but we had computer issues Christmas eve when I tried to post some pictures for dad. By the time he reads this it will be Dec 27th in Iraq. Oh well.
We had a wonderful holiday other than the fact we were 1 very important person short. Christmas eve was spent at Gma and Gpa D's with gifts around 10:30am, lunch around noon and mass at 4:oo, and naps for all kids in between. After mass we opened a few last gifts, mostly Gma and Gpa's who hadn't had a chance with all of the chaos of 5 little ones in a house that, oddly enough, seems to get smaller every year. Next year we are going to have 5 that are mobile. Scary thought. At least this year only 2 of the 5 were able to go where they wanted. Add to our mobile kids next Christmas another six foot four adult, Jeff, and we will be packed in like sardines. The more the merrier I guess. :) Scott and Suzanne had a big announcement, they are NOT pregnant.
Christmas morning/most of the day was spent with Gma and Gpa B. We had breakfast around 9:30, gifts around 10:00 and breaking in new toys the rest of the day. Granny wasn't able to make it and she was missed. We did get a Christmas call from dad and all got to talk to him for a few minutes. Kolbe had a great time playing with Allyssa, who is a fantastic cousin. Not too many 7 year olds would have given the time of day to a two year old, but she graciously entertained him most of the day. One of his favorite toys was a saw. I don't know if it was Gma's favorite toy, Kolbe sawed her legs off for a good half hour or so. Lucky Gma. He didn't try to saw off anyone else's legs, just hers. Before we left Elizabeth had kisses for everybody. Open-mouthed of course. Yay! :)
Kolbe got a hand held computer game that helps kids learn letters. This morning he was checking it out. The voice asked, "Where's the 'G'?" Kolbe responded, "I don't know."
Last night after we got home, Kolbe paused as we were going into the house. I asked what he was doing. He said he was looking in the chimney for Santa.
I bought Libby a toy that could be used to pull up on and stand. She has stood holding herself up for short periods of time, but never pulled herself up to a standing position. Well, she must have known the reason I bought the toy because when I put the wrapped package that contained the toy in front of her to unwrap, she pulled herself up to standing for the first time using the package. It was very ironic.
We had a wonderful Christmas, despite missing dad and hope you enjoyed your holiday too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home