KDandLiberty

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Innocence is bliss

A while back I posted the comment about Kolbe wondering why there wasn't any laundry piled up in the family room like usual. Well, now he outdid himself. I was in the kitchen making dinner and everything was going well, smelling good and nothing was on fire. He calls in to me, "What are you burning in there?" Not what are you cooking, but what are you burning. Nice. Another follow-up story; He loves to turn on the computer, or press keys, etc, and I have told him he needs to wait until I am here to help hiom play on the computer. (I'm afraid he'll delete my incoming unread emails, or other important information accidentally.) Last week he walked to the computer and said, "I can't play with you until my mommy's here."
Libby's new stunt is spinning on her rear without using her hands. She pulls herself in circles using her heels. Very funny to watch.
One night as we were getting Kolbe all tucked into bed we got ready to pray. Typically I start with "Dear God" and he will list all of the people he wants to pray for. That night I said "Dear God" and he became agitated saying, in a panicked tone, "I can't pray, I can't pray." I moved to see what the problem was and saw he could not get his hands folded beacause I was hugging him and his hands were stuck under his body in an awkward position. I guess to a toddler/preschooler, it is not praying, or God can't hear you unless your hands are folded.

1 Comments:

At March 07, 2006 7:43 AM, Blogger Scott and Suzanne said...

Moms get no respect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home